Dundee Assembly of God, Dundee, Michigan began in the summers of 1946-1948 as street meetings in the park led by Mr. Wynn and Mr. DuBois who had a burden for children and adults who did not attend Sunday School. The Michigan District of the Assemblies of God officials, Rev. Foote and Rev. Scott stood behind Mr. Wynn and Mr. DuBois and soon rented a building, the harness shoppe, by the river in about 1950-51.
Rev. and Mrs. William Menzies held the first special meetings. They came and visited every home in Dundee. Rev. Arthur Garrison from the south held a few meetings also. The village bandstand and triangle served as the sanctuary for some of the initial meetings, and then the senior citizen's building was used until a church building was completed.
The group became officially recognized as a local Assembly of God church, affiliated with the Michigan District Council of the Assemblies of God on November 17, 1949.
In June of 1950, Arthur G. Clay, along with this wife Audrey, became the first pastor. Rev. John Amrozowicz took the helm in 1954, and under his leadership a lot at 445 Toledo Street was purchased. In1957 Rev. David Krist was asked to serve as Pastor. It was during his term of service that the church building on Toledo Street was constructed in 1960. Due to the congregation's willingness to give of its time and means, the cost to build was only $12,000. Many friends of the community also graciously contributed. On December 3, 1961, the church building was dedicated. Rev. Salton came to pastor in 1962, and Rev. Paul Tate continued the responsibilities as pastor until 1966.
Rev. Harold S. Bilotta, came to the church in 1966. Under his leadership the church became an autonomous church of the General Council of the Assemblies of God on September 21, 1972. Twelve acres of land on South Custer Road (M-50) was purchased in 1979. Groundbreaking for a new facility was in April1992, and the new building was dedicated in November 1992. The Toledo Street facility was used for children's ministries and a youth center until it was sold in 1997. The second phase of the building program (gym/family center) began in July of 2002. The project was completed in April 2004.
Following the retirement of Rev. Bilotta, our present pastor, Rev. Tobin Tidswell, came to Dundee Assembly of God in the fall of 2004. Our youth pastor, Steve Shelton, came to Dundee Assembly of God in February 2016.